Subject: [Leica] digital replacement for Contax T?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Sep 27 16:03:38 2006

Which Richard??
The T series lenses, yep all sharp and saturated results.
The file save time on the TVS digital, yuck. But it does work for deliberate
single frames when you're not in a hurry, but I can't
extract anything decisive or useful from the LCD, nor see one easily in
bright light. The image quality from the 5MP is fine for its
intended, purpose, I think. I've printed them to 8x11ish. It is an older
generation of digi P&S of course.
I found an interesting niche for it, in that the increased DOF makes close
up easier
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppy/film/m6Luigistyle.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/ze7y7
I very much prefer using the T3, when I want to enjoy the process of image
making too. It does vignette noticeably.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppy/film/family/Mina+in+the+car.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/ph33v

The TVS111 is rather clever, although a tiny bit fussier. It does have the
lovely 30-60 zoom though.
It requires extra work to carry and use at short notice, in that you need to
keep the fold down cover open and lens extended for
decent reaction times.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppy/film/Traffic_lights.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/hhj3n
Bugger the digi P&S for a carry everywhere, keep using film for this stuff.

cheers
Hoppy