Subject: [Leica] digital replacement for Contax T?
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Thu Sep 28 16:50:06 2006

Eric:

>But what I am really looking for is the best digital replacement for my
>pocket ultra sharp film cameras.
>IE - what digital cameras compete well to replace the Contax T (or T3, or
>Rollei 35 for that matter)
>
>I have strongly considered the Ricoh GRD. While the GR1v I owned was a
>stunner, 28mm FOV is a bit too wide for my taste.

I just bought a Canon Rebel XTi aka the 400D.  One of the reasons is that
it's only slightly larger--but still lighter--than my M6.  I originally
started in Leica 'cos I wanted a good camera that would be easy to carry
around.  The Rebel with a 35/1.4 lens plus rubber lens hood fits in the same
fanny pack--just a little more snugly--that I used for carrying my M6 with
35/2 lens.  The difference is with the Leica, I needed extra room for film.
An 8g card in the rebel is equivalent to 16 rolls of film for me.

It'll do for me 'til I get the M9.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/