Subject: [Leica] M8 video blog from Luminous Landscape
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 27 17:15:34 2006

Well, Chris, then I guess the M8 won't really work for you. But whether or
not one has a client limit on film, there's a photographer limit on how many
frames one will logically shoot. And again I'd say it would be pretty damn
unusual to shoot 1000 frames per hour, over the course of a day - unless one
is just holding down the shutter release and leaving it down. The one real
exception to this I could think of would be spending a day shooting
high-speed sequences, of sports for example. And if one was doing that, one
wouldn't be using an M.

Again, I agree that 500 shots is pretty minimal battery life - but it's not
really limiting as all one has to do is switch batteries.:-)

On 9/27/06 5:20 PM, "Chris Saganich" <chs2018@med.cornell.edu> wrote:

> B.D.
>
> I often accompany my wife on her dance shoots.  She averages 1 frame every
> 2 seconds with her digital.  For film she caps the roles as per client's
> purse-strings.
>
> Chris
>
> At 11:36 AM 9/27/2006, you wrote:
>> Damn, Chris - You go through 13.8, 36 exposure rolls of film in 30
>> minutes?!
>> Let's see, at that rate I'd be shooting, what, 270 rolls of 35 mm film
>> while
>> shooting a wedding - or more than 300 in a day with a family? Some how I
>> doubt it. Five-hundred frames isn't particularly outstanding battery life,
>> but it's not going to slow anyone down under normal circumstances - one
>> spare battery and most people, pro or am, would certainly be set for a
>> busy
>> day. :-)
>> B. D.
>>

>> On 9/27/06 11:25 AM, "Chris Saganich" <chs2018@med.cornell.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Battery life of 500 frames?  That's like 30 minutes of shooting before
>>> having to change batteries if your on a job.  I suppose for the casual
>>> user
>>> it ain't too bad.
>>> Chris

>>> Chris Saganich, Sr. Physicist
>>> Weill Medical College of Cornell University
>>> New York Presbyterian Hospital
>>> chs2018@med.cornell.edu
>>> Ph. 212.746.6964