Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm finder
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu Sep 28 14:03:06 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Kenneth wrote:

> First, I need a 35mm finder for my IIIf.  NOT one of those $400.00
> Leitz babies, but I'll take a good clean "generic" brand user.

Ken,

Browse the junk boxes at photo stores and flea markets. Just about
every manufacturer of interchangeable lens cameras made accessory
finders for the 35mm and 90 or 100 mm lenses. One of the nicest is
the Canon finder made for the Canon LTM 35mm f2.8 lens. The lens is
very good too if you can find one. I have an excellent Argus
multifocal finder, inspired by the Zeiss Contax finder, with 35, 50
and 100 mm focal length settings. The finder has parallax adjustment
and is very well made. This is a turret finder with three different
objectives that varies the magnification for each setting. I believe
it cost me $5 from a photo store junk box. Seek and ye shall find.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith) ([Leica] Re: 35mm finder)
Reply from summicron at jam.rr.com (Frank F. Farmer) ([Leica] Re: 35mm finder)