Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm finder
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Thu Sep 28 17:10:01 2006

Larry:

  I've got a nice, silver Canon 35 VF in perfect condition. $80 plus
shipping from Korea to you. I'd accept bank M.O.

  Bill

Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net> wrote:

On Sep 28, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Kenneth wrote:

> First, I need a 35mm finder for my IIIf. NOT one of those $400.00
> Leitz babies, but I'll take a good clean "generic" brand user.

Ken,

Browse the junk boxes at photo stores and flea markets. Just about
every manufacturer of interchangeable lens cameras made accessory
finders for the 35mm and 90 or 100 mm lenses. One of the nicest is
the Canon finder made for the Canon LTM 35mm f2.8 lens. The lens is
very good too if you can find one. I have an excellent Argus
multifocal finder, inspired by the Zeiss Contax finder, with 35, 50
and 100 mm focal length settings. The finder has parallax adjustment
and is very well made. This is a turret finder with three different
objectives that varies the magnification for each setting. I believe
it cost me $5 from a photo store junk box. Seek and ye shall find.

Larry Z