Subject: [Leica] FS: Small Leica Collection
From: Jsmauldin at aol.com (Jsmauldin@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 14:27:35 2006

FS: Small Leica Collection

Hello All,

I have a small collection of camera gear that came from my uncle.  This has
all been boxed up in the house (inside) for several decades.  Last I saw the
gear out was in the mid 60s and it wasn't much used then and was put away
soon
thereafter. There are some issues with specific items but there are NO
issues
with mold, haze or fungus in any of the glass.  The M3 is very nearly
perfect.
The IIf seems to have been boxed with the shutter wound up so even though it
works there are vertical surface fissures on half of it.  The rest of the
IIf
is nearly as good as the M3.  Every lens operates smoothly.

I have a large set of pictures on Flickr documenting all of this.  The
photos
are in a private area so I have to send you an invite to give you access.  I
also have a detail spreadsheet with all the items listed.  I can easily send
that on an email response.

I would like to sell all the Leica gear as one package.  The price for that
would be $3000.00.  I am willing to break out some items although I will try
hard to keep logical groupings together.  Drop me a note with your interests.

Short List:

M3 - dbl stroke - SN#750### - Superb condition, near new, with hard case and
manual.
with
Summicron 50mm f2 Collapsible, also very nearly new, with hood and cap.

IIf - SN#573### - Superb in appearance, but does have issue noted above with
shutter.

Screwmount lenses:

35mm f3.5 Summaron - Excellent

50mm f1.5 Summarit - Excellent

90mm f4 Elmar - black, has brassing on barrel

135mm f4.5 Hektor - black, has brassing on barrel

Lens caps, hoods, cases for most of these.

50mm Brightline Finder - near new - has box (box is worn but finder was in
the tissue)

Variable finder - shows wear, some surface issues but fully functional

Focaslide - nearly new in box with manual

Several other items including filters, adaptor, meters, and cords.

Thank you for your consideration,
John Mauldin

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] FS: Small Leica Collection)