Subject: [Leica] **BIG** boy's toys
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Oct 1 10:48:43 2006

Its a date! The Festival of Speed which ranges from the dawn of motor sport
-
and motoring - to present day F1 via rally cars, specials, langhecks and all
the
rest is in mid-summer. The FoS gets very busy though and is a cross between
garden party and a hill climb!

The Revival which is a whole different thing; where Goodwood becomes the
race
circuit that it was 1948-66 and the WWW2 airfield that it was, too; is in
September. The Revival is more like being on a film set/racecourse where the
starting line can easily top $40m with Le Mans winners, last of line, massed
ranks of Cobras (Daytona coupes and regular), Jags , Chevvys, Ferrari 330s
SWBs
and so on.

Both dates vary a little with grand prix. Le Mans and similar events so
check out

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/ and look under "motorsport".

A LUG meeting perhaps, next year?

Peter