Subject: [Leica] Salgado and Illy Coffee (For Philippe)
From: anders.nygren at gmail.com (Anders Nygren)
Date: Sun Oct 1 17:00:19 2006

A long time ago Nathan wrote:

"Salgado was working for the World Bank, as far as I remember, and it was
during one of the trips he made on behalf of the bank that he started
photographing what he saw. You do not get rich by working for the World
Bank, and economists generally are not that well paid, except the few
Nobel-winning stars and the snake-oil merchants on Wall Street. So I am
sure that Salgado made the right career choice (for him!) also from the
point of view of personal finance."