Subject: [Leica] Re: Cameras for guns
From: anders.nygren at gmail.com (Anders Nygren)
Date: Sun Oct 22 08:49:21 2006

On 10/20/06, Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2006, at 5:46 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:
>
> The London Times a Murdoch paper. I didn't know that.
> Are you sure? I didn't write the editorial, I just commented on it.
>
> Crime RATES, of course, are independent of the number of people
> involved. Are you suggesting that guns prevent crime in rural areas
> but not in cities? In Sweden and Israel, countries with universal
> military service, reservists keep assault rifles and machine guns in
> their closets at home. I have not noticed that either country has a
> pathological homicide problem. The culture is the problem, not the
> quantity of guns.

The quoting is a bit unclear, so I don't know who made the statement
about Sweden, but I think he made the traditional mistake of confusing
Sweden with Switzerland.
In Sweden we do NOT keep military weapons at home. But I remember
seeing somwhere that Sweden has a very high number of guns per capita,
but it is only for hunting.

/Anders