Subject: [Leica] M8 in Denver and bokeh evaluation
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Oct 2 11:03:43 2006

Had the M8 failed to honor the bokehliciousness of the 50mm Noctilux and
75mm Summilux, I'd have little use for it. To the detriment of my checking
account, the M8 does not diminish the magic of those two lenses.

Want to be the first to have an M8?

Tough. The small, but mighty (well-heeled), contingent of Leciaphiles
present at the Leica Days event in Denver, had by approximately 3:24 p.m.,
MDT Saturday, accounted for the fact that you are already too late to snag a
black M8 from the first shipment. And likely you won't get a chrome one,
either. Four guys. Five bodies ordered.

But, that's just the first batch. Leica will make batch after batch; just
like popcorn.

However, delayed gratification might not be a bad thing.

Good Reason to Wait No. 1: Because all M8s are spoken for, there are no
Lecia Days discounts available. After the inital rush is past, the standard
5% discount will apply.

Good Reason to Wait No. 2: Firmware updates. Everybody digital camera
manufacturer has 'em. Might as well wait and get the not-quite-right-yet
firmware version. Rather than have paid full price for the
who-knows-what's-going-to-happen version.

-Chris Lawson