Subject: [Leica] BW Film
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Oct 4 09:42:33 2006

Jeffery wrote:

>>The 800 up is problematic. I have not gotten good results with
silver halide ultrafast film. You might get better results with pushed
400
ISO film than Neopan 1600 or Delta 3200. If I HAD to shoot a film at
800, I
would probably just greyscale Fuji 800 color film. That's not much help
if
you are developing it yourself. Kodak BW400 has so much latitude, you
could
probably shoot it at 800 and not bother having the development
altered.<<

Good advice Jeffery. I've tried many fast films but I've had the best
luck with TMY rated at 800, developed in XTOL. So maybe I should just
stick with that. Or go the BW400 route. I've had really good and really
bad results with Neopan 1600. I just haven't used it in a long time. It
seemed to do best rated at 1000.

daveR