Subject: [Leica] Re: Leicina
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Oct 4 12:19:06 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 1:09 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Picked up one dirt cheap. Not from this website though.
>
> http://www.danblackleica.com/gallery/detail.php?gallery=7&idx=6
>
> Guess I'll see if it works or not. Watch Steven Spielberg.
>
> Chris

They worked very well. I traded a Bolex D8 for a Leicina and used it
for several years. But this is a good example where digital killed
film almost instantly. When the first bulky camcorders hit the
market, sales of 8 mm movie cameras nosedived. Who could justify
filming at $1 per minute when video tape cost $.01 per minute. The
only one I know who still shoots 8 mm film is Jim Hemenway.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Leicina)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Re: Leicina)