Subject: [Leica] Replacement for the C86 printer with Ultratone (carbon)inks
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Oct 4 11:37:10 2006

Daniel,

How well does the C86 and Ultratones work? I, too, am looking for a
letter sized bw only printer. I had an HP 7760. It was easy to use and
the results were fantastic. But it suffered a tragic accident in a
recent move (my D2 fell on it and broke it, perhaps out of envy). I want
something that is easy to use. I don't want a lot of hassles.

I sort of have my eye on the new Epson 3800, but so much of what I do is
just bw prints on letter sized paper. I have an Epson 3000 for the
bigger bw prints. (It still cranks right up when I need it -- which
isn't too often anymore. What a workhorse that printer has been.)

I understand there are some new Epsons, like the R200(?). I wonder if
those are a good option. I recall not too long ago that Mark Rabiner
referenced something along those lines. (Mark is a master printer whose
opinion I greatly respect).

Even though I know today's printers have more cartridges than
Winchester, I prefer dedicated printers. I use a Canon i9900 for color.
I don't print much color anyway.

Are the Ultratone Inks from MIS?

Sorry for so many questions. But TIA.
daveR