Subject: [Leica] Replacement for the C86 printer withUltratone (carbon)inks
From: leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason)
Date: Wed Oct 4 15:08:25 2006

"David Rodgers" <drodgers@casefarms.com> writes:

> Thanks for the info. A couple of years back I used MIS color pigment
> inks in a 1200. I had a lot of issues with clogging. I don't know which
> was worse, wasted time or wasted ink. Clogging I've noticed seems to be
> hit and miss. Some people/printers have problems, some very little. My
> HP never clogged. Ink was expensive, though. Maybe there's a
> correlation.

I had the 1280 and MIS inks for a while and had loads of clogging
issues. If you don't print *every day* with that combination it will
clog. Well, I like printing fine but not every day.

I only use Epson inks in the 1280 now and it no longer clogs. For B&W
I moved to the C86 with the MIS EZ cartridges and have had no problems
at all with great results. I wish they could figure out as cheap and
easy a package for a bit larger printing though.

Dave

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Replacement for the C86 printer withUltratone (carbon)inks)