Subject: [Leica] FS MP, BP 35 Summicron
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Oct 7 05:29:12 2006

Noting that Leicaholic community is shedding film Ms the way maples shed
leaves in October - and to continue a crappy analogy (sort of) stashing the
cash toward an M8 purchase the way the squirrels are stashing acorns for the
winter, I have to wonder what the long-term economic implications of this
are for Leica. The quick answer is, "this switch to digital guarantees their
long-term survival." But does it? Will Leica sell enough $4700K digital
bodies to not only make up for what will probably be a real crash of film M
sales but also reinforce an already weak bottom line? Will people buy two,
three, digi bodies the way they bought film Ms?

No, predictable responders, I'm not trashing Leica or wishing the company
ill, and I am impressed by the initial reviews of the M8. I'm just asking a
question that just occurred to me as I read all the recent FS posts.

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] FS MP, BP 35 Summicron)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] FS MP, BP 35 Summicron)