Subject: [Leica] FS MP, BP 35 Summicron
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Oct 7 12:53:07 2006

Well, I predicted a bumper crop of film Ms being put on the block, and I'd
say a casual checks on various sites bear this out - there is a good number
of MPs being put up lately. Of course this happened when M7 comes out and
then the price of used M6s dropped significantly. Now of course the key
question is not the sales on used Ms but the sales on new M7 and MP: will
the waiting for the M8 dries up the sales? On tech world, this is known as
the Osborne effect. When Osborne II was announced but was going to be
available "Real Soon Now," people stopped buying Osborne I and thus
depleted it source of income and killed the company. OTOH, may be the M7/MP
sales are relatively insignificant that it will not make much different?
Leica probably has anticipated this and writing off M7/MP sales for the
next few months. The key is whether they can execute the M8 plan and start
delivery in Nov. If so, then the increased M8 sales will probably more than
compensate. If not,...

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] FS MP, BP 35 Summicron)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] M8)