Subject: [Leica] Re: Neopan 1600
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sun Oct 8 14:07:55 2006

Peter,

I've always used Neopan 1600 at 1250iso. I used to develop it myself with
DDX but since I don't have a darkroom set up here I'm using a local lab.
They have a Jobo and use D76. Seems to be grainer this way but I'm working
with what I can. My online service Pictage can develop it for me if I mail
it to them, but I'm not brave enough for that. They use A&I in CA. I have
Pictage scan it professional for me though which gives me around a 5-6mb
file which I FTP back to my hard drives. 11x14's look good, 8x10's are
really nice which is the largest most wedding folks get anyway.

The tonal range is "fixed" in Nikon Capture with custom curves for Neopan
1600. Sometimes the scans are lacking in contrast.

Yeah, overexposing 1600 is horrible. Carrying 1600 is always fun through TSA
"wow! they make film this fast?"

Chris