Subject: [Leica] 1936 ii/iii a/f/g Olympics seen at flea market.
From: lew at fastmail.fm (Lew)
Date: Sun Oct 8 16:21:46 2006

I just saw what appears to be a store demo of a Leica made for the 36
Olympics. I don't know my ii's from
iii's but here's what I did notice. (Sorry if my part names are off.) First,
the body was 'open' so you could
see the film advance and take up mechanisms. The lens screwed into a
distance scale which in turn screwed into
the body. The focusing arm had a crescent shaped thingy to ride on the back
of the lens' focusing cam instead
to the circular piece I'm familiar with. The remainder of the body was very
clean and the black top plate with
sn and 36 Olympics engraved and painted in red and white. The dealer claims
that this is a museum piece, but I
don't know if I should believe him. Could it be for real? Any way to
establish its worth?
-Lew

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] 1936 ii/iii a/f/g Olympics seen at flea market.)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] 1936 ii/iii a/f/g Olympics seen at flea market.)