Subject: [Leica] 1936 ii/iii a/f/g Olympics seen at flea market.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Oct 8 16:29:53 2006

Lew,
The crescent shaped thingy is the give-away.  Leica's used a roller.  The
painted Olympics stuff is also just a new version of the wartime really
clean Leica's that continue to appear with engraved Luftwaffe or German army
markings.  If it were real it would be selling for more than 50K.  One of
the M3 beta cameras just sold for more than 60K last week.  So a unique,
pristine black paint III with engravings in museum condition that was
actually used at the historic 1936 Olympics going for less than 10K?

I'm thinking Russian.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com