Subject: [Leica] More Rapidwinder questions
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu Oct 12 22:36:37 2006

Frank Dernie writes:

> I hope Tom doesn't mind my wading in here but I believe this would be
> a very substantial mod. The original MP rapidwinder effectively
> wound the end of the takeup spool, the later (from M4-P?) winders drive
> an intermediate gear via a dog drive in the bottom of the shutter
> crate.
> These are some distance apart. Tom did make some M3 and M2 winders at
> one time.

I had Gerry Smith of Kindermann Canada modify a M2-R to accept one of Tom
A's M6 Rapidwinders. Gerry did a great job of it with the result being a
smooth-as-butter RW.

> On 13 Oct, 2006, at 03:07, G Hopkinson wrote in part:
>
> > Tom, that's a very interesting idea. You mean two squeezes on the
> > rapidwinder lever for each film advance? It might then be called a
> > notso.... Still if it were possible I'm sure Tom A has thought
> > about it at some point. Drop him a line on or off-list?
> > I have the DS M3 as well and am looking for a winder for the M7.

All of the RW's I purchased from Tom for my M cameras allow you to advance
the winder in any increment you want. 1, 2, 5 whatever. Try it.

Regards,

Greg

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] More Rapidwinder questions)