Subject: [Leica] Re: M5 light meter adjust
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat Oct 14 10:38:03 2006

On Oct 14, 2006, at 9:30 AM, Richard wrote:

> Hello,  I am wondering how people can see to adjust the light meter
> settings in the M5 while shooting under low light.  I had trouble
> taking pictures of a band on stage in a dark hall.  I fiddled to be
> able to see the light meter scale. But was never sure that I had the
> meter pointed in the right spot for a correct reading.  Did anyone
> make an add-on light for the metering system?   Richard

I don't know about the M5, but most Dollar stores sell tiny LED
flashlights for attaching to keychains. I have one about the size of
a quarter. It throws a surprising amount of light. Enough to find
your way on a darkened path from the garage to the house without
tripping over tree roots. If you look around, you can find one with a
red LED. As far as pointing the meter to the right spot, you can buy
a tiny blackboard laser pointer about the size of a thimble, glue a
mounting shoe on it and slip it into the camera flash mount. Align it
with the meter. The only downside is that you might get shot by an
overzealous bodyguard.

Larry Z