Subject: [Leica] Expensive Cameras in Checked Luggage
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Oct 18 18:16:42 2006

Sanjay:

>"That's the procedure. The case is extra-tracked...TSA does not want to
>lose a weapons case. This reduces the chance of the case being lost to
>virtually zero.

Somebody else I know who works as a baggage handler said this is total bunk.
Once the baggage leaves TSA's hands, it goes to the individual airlines.
Guns are not extra-tracked.  That's fantasy.  TSA wouldn't be the ones
losing a weapons case.  It would be the individual airlines.

Sounds plausible until you know the facts.  But going out and buying a
starter's pistol to throw into your pelican cases isn't going to provide any
added security.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/