Subject: [Leica] Expensive Cameras in Checked Luggage
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Oct 15 07:48:27 2006

Sanjay Nasta offered:
>>The interesting part is one of the blog comments, about halfway down.
Another photographer wonders if the TSA rules for firearms could be
extended to camera equipment:<<<

Sounds like a champion idea and see no reason why it couldn't be done.

I realize many of these damn weapons, "read guns" that some people feel they
must carry about
are expensive. But then pack several Leica's and lenses and the gun pales in
dollar value. So why not use the fire arms rules for camera equipment cases?
Unmarked of course!

A reasonable question that should be presented to the TSA head office for
consideration by one of our American cousin's. Anyone up for it and let us
know what happens? Thank you.

ted