Subject: [Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Oct 20 04:36:18 2006

Richard

I remember the first (and only) time visiting Spain. It was shocking to
see the local police walking the streets with Uzis. Thirty years later
we can see th same thing here.Is it  cultural  in America, if so where
did we catch it? There is  quite a bit of talk about how crazy we are
but a quick historical review might open minds and eyes. The Germans
systematically killed millions of unarmed men, women and children. The
Russians starved millions of their own to death for political reasons.
India and Pakistan  threaten each other with nuclear weapons to prove
who has the best god....and the list is endless.  (including Mao's Red
Guard)

You are right to have chills up your spine, I do as well.

Walt

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis)
Message from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis)