Subject: [Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Fri Oct 20 06:21:48 2006

"If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a
sound?"
As far as acoustics are concerned, no.  Sound needs a transmitter, medium
and receiver.  If one of them is gone, then the sound never existed.
So what's chilling about this many firearms owners in the USA?  There are
LESS today than 20 years ago, less then than 20 years before.  Perhaps it's
the fact that people never knew about all these responsible citizens and the
realization that they own firearms is shocking to them.  They've always been
here, many just didn't know about them.