Subject: [Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri Oct 20 10:25:34 2006

I played with guns, too, when I was a kid. My 2 brothers' sons still
play with guns. But since real guns are not an option, they know
pretty soon that the guns they have are toys, and that real guns are
a whole different matter.
Without wanting to become polemic, societies where guns aren't
allowed freely seem to have (a bit) less problems with them. As in:
don't put the cat with the milk.
But I do understand where this US gun culture comes from. The
question is just if the necessity of guns is still as pregnant now as
it was back then.

As for your questions:
People kill people. Buit killing with a gun is easier than with your
bare hands.
Only criminals will have guns, but it will be harder for them to get
any.
No. Unless your a paranoiac.

Philippe

Op 20-okt-06, om 15:42 heeft B. D. Colen het volgende geschreven: