Subject: [Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Oct 20 07:49:37 2006

Absolutely not true. Most gun murders are carried out by people who know
each other, and most are carried out in a moment of rage or chemical
befuddlement. Having a gun available makes it far more likely that those
moments will result in a death, rather than a bump on the head, black eye,
or even a couple of stab wounds. Killing someone with a gun is far easier -
and emotionally distant - than choking someone to death, or stabbing them to
death, or beating them to the point of death.

But let's take this off-list if we're going to continue it.

Replies: Reply from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis)