Subject: [Leica] RIP - A sad note re survival of film and traditionalism
From: kleinp at BATTELLE.ORG (Klein, Peter A)
Date: Fri Oct 20 08:42:47 2006

Ah, yes, I remember that place from my student days at Emerson and the
Longy School of Music in the 70s.  I'd stop in to ogle gear on my
bicycle commutes between Back Bay and Haaav'd Squayah.  Sic transit
gloria mundi.

I also remember Zumm Zumms, and Smoots on the Mass. Ave. bridge.

Mike Johnston's blog has a piece on Ferranti-Degge and its history:
http://www.theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/
. . . And scroll down a couple of screens.  There's also a link to a
Harvard Crimson article about the place.

--Peter

B. D. wrote:
> Ferranti-Degge, a camera store/processing lab one block from Harvard
Square