Subject: [Leica] M8 Should Follow D200 for lens selection
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Oct 21 07:52:25 2006

Now you're talking good stuff. I find the 180/2.8 and the 85/1.4 AIS
lenses to be fantastic on both the D200 and the D2X.

As far as the menu issue on the M8 goes, the reason to tell the
camera what lens you're using is to correct vignetting due to the
extreme angle a wide angle lens gives to the edges of the sensor. The
coding on the new lenses is a cheap way of partially emulating a CPU.

Len