Subject: [Leica] Panasonic FZ5
From: Digiratidoc at aol.com (Digiratidoc@aol.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 07:49:54 2006

I have an FZ5 and couldn't be happier (well, if it had the low noise
properties of the Fuji F10 et al I COULD be happier). It's tiny an fast in
my opinion,
takes wonderful pics in good light outdoors (which IMHO the Fujis do not,
they're best in low light), has great IS and that wonderful Leica lens to
432mm.
I personally carry the FZ5 AND a Fuji F11 and think I may have the best of
both worlds...use the Fuji indoors and for candids and the Panasonic
outdoors and
for sporting events, etc. Got mine on clearance at Circuit City for $219 so
used one should go for less than $200. Try it, I think it may be just right
for Kitty. Looked at the FZ20-30 and I agree they are too big and slow. My 2
cents.

Jim Laird

In a message dated 10/21/2006 8:50:48 PM Central Standard Time,