Subject: [Leica] LUG membership
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Oct 22 11:42:30 2006

Hi Brian,

It is good to hear that membership is growing again. This list has been
an important part of my life for the past 8 years. I have met many
wonderful people (in person) thanks to our online community, including
Lucien the Leica Pushier who was always willing to lend me a piece of
kit to try out over a weekend, Michiel who treated me and my son to a
wonderful day of sailing around Friesland, the late Sal diMarco with
whom I enjoyed many stimulating conversations, and many many others.

I like your attitude: a picture is a picture. Since I am one of those
who has gone over to the dark side, I appreciate the willingness of
people here to look at my Canon images. And as this week's PAW (to be
posted shortly) will show, I still keep a foot in the film world. On the
Hasselblad list they just had a silly discussion about splitting the
list into a film and a digital list; I am very happy that the doors of
your saloon are open to all, even deviants like me.

Cheers,
Nathan