Subject: [Leica] LUG membership
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Oct 22 18:26:14 2006

Brian Reid writes in part:

> A few minutes ago, someone subscribed to the LUG, and thereby
> (unbeknownst to him) became the 1000th subscriber.
>
> I think this was due in part to a reduced interest in film
> cameras, and in part to the growth of broadband (when more people
> have always-on internet, there are more messages sent). I hope our
> 1000th subscriber isn't driven away by the sheer number of
> messages, as many newcomers are.

Brian,

I think a fair number of Lug newbies are driven quickly away after they make
the mistake of asking a newbie Leica (been asked a time of two before)
question and either their question is not answered, answered rather rudely,
or they're pounced on.

We all need to keep in mind that you only get one chance to make a 1st
impression!

I also suspect that the new M8 is going to attract some old Leica M users
back that may have held on to a favourite body and a lens or two that they
couldn't sell but wern't using. This should add some new/old blood to the
List.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from julian at mildren.com (Julian Mildren) ([Leica] LUG membership)