Subject: [Leica] Choosing Week 41
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Tue Oct 24 18:30:43 2006

> At 7:30 PM +1000 10/24/06, Alastair Firkin wrote:
>>Love the kayaks, great use of colour, find the shoppers a bit
>>"ordinary" snapped from behind.
>>We went to a very interesting exhibition here in Melbourne on the
>>weekend: Aerial images from around the world, done over several
>>years by a Frenchman I think: the colour etc was great the comments
>>on our planet clever and worrying, but somehow shooting from a
>>chopper is a bit too easy: I mean what chance do the "victims" have
>>;-)
>
> Was this the guy?
>
> http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2
>
> I enjoy his stuff a lot, especially the pictures of urban development
> in areas that haven't been 'redeveloped' lately.

Yes, this was the series. All with Canons pre digital I think. We are
hoping to get back for another look before December: the dogs made a full
exploration of the exhibition a bit hard, as the crowds were very large:
its very popular

Cheers

Alastair

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Choosing Week 41)