Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Wed Oct 25 13:52:54 2006

Bob,

I like your "dream" about the M9, why not wait a little bit?, on the other
hand I have been always careful with the firsts new releases, cameras,
cars..., I've see many times how the new models was really improved, the M3
is maybe the only exception... in certain aspects.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis

I have the gut feeling that the M8 will usher in a new Leica epoch. I think
the breakout and cleanup hitter will be the M9, a full frame digital that
will take ALL M lenses. I also suppose it may only be a year away from the
ballpark. Those powerful 24x36mm sensors are probably already in production.
You ain't seen nothin' yet.

I hope the M9 will feature an LCD viewer that will permit closeups to be
made without parallax, as though we were using a Focaslide. That is, we
could focus as though the M9 were a view camera, but the image would be
right side up.
What an M that would be!

Bob