Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 16:56:19 2006

In a message dated 10/24/06 5:12:47 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> If the M8 sells well, then I would expect to see used ones beginning to
> appear next year. Especially if Leica succeeds in expanding into new
> market segments, because this would mean the there would be people who
> buy it, try it, and decide that it is not for them after all. If it does
> not sell well, then this will not happen, because the only people who
> would have bought it are the committed ones (like the members of this
> list), and they will tend to hang on to their M8s. But then Leica as a
> company will have big problems... --Nathan
> ------------------------------
Nathan,

I have the gut feeling that the M8 will usher in a new Leica epoch. I think
the breakout and cleanup hitter will be the M9, a full frame digital that
will
take ALL M lenses. I also suppose it may only be a year away from the
ballpark. Those powerful 24x36mm sensors are probably already in production.
You ain't seen nothin' yet.

I hope the M9 will feature an LCD viewer that will permit closeups to be
made
without parallax, as though we were using a Focaslide. That is, we could
focus as though the M9 were a view camera, but the image would be right side
up.
What an M that would be!

Bob

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8 and the Future)