Subject: [Leica] Opinions Collapsible Cron vs. Elmar or others
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Oct 27 06:59:15 2006

Luis

I have one (collapsible) and carry it constantly. As a matter of fact,
the reason I carry it instead of a rigid is because it collapses. One
distinct disadvantage is the focusing distance compared to the newer
Summicrons. Just taking a guess I'd say the rigid Summicron would
outperform the collapsible,the Summilux and the Elmar. I'm sure there
will be some disagreement on this but that is nothing new.

Walt