Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Fri Oct 27 22:16:35 2006

I think that unless the M8 gives vastly superior images/ handling ease
(doubtful) to the current offerings of Canon, Nikon, etc. it's going to be a
huge flop due to the high price. Those dedicated Leicaphiles (many here)
will be hard-pressed (for a multitude of reasons) to give up their film
cameras until there's no more film to be bought on the face of the earth, so
that leaves whom? A few well-heeled folk around the world who just love to
have the best of everything and want more prestige (Leica marque) than a
high- priced P&S or DSLR can give them. A small market in the latter group.
How small? Dunno, I run in those kinds of circles.

  Just my opinion-- to be damned and/ or shredded to pieces.

GREG LORENZO <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> wrote:
  Nathan Wajsman writes in part:

> Sorry, but I don't understand the necessity for "full frame". The 35mm
> is a coincidence stemming from the movie film Barnack had available in
> the early 20th century. There is nothing magic about it.

Nathan,

Do you own a MF film camera?

If so, ask yourself why?

This should answer your question.