Subject: [Leica] 6-bit code as installed by Leica
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Oct 28 16:50:15 2006

Brian, it certainly doesn't seem to be consistent with the Leica precision
engineering image, does it? No doubt functional but
certainly inelegant. Do you think that this work has been done to your
original lens mount, or consists of a new mount fitted to
your lens? Either way, it's very disappointing to see that Leica has charged
a substantial sum to mar your lens. Paint cleanup is
trivial, but sloppy machining is unforgivable in this application. Could
hardly be a worse choice for an example to be sub-standard
either. I suspect that 1000 subscribers (amongst their most enthusiastic
supporters) will now be having second or third thoughts
regarding conversions.
Cheers
Hoppy