Subject: [Leica] You are kidding..... M8 "Loading" 1927 Technology.....
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Oct 29 10:15:58 2006

Frank Filippone

>I can not believe that you must remove the bottom of the camera to change
>batteries or digital film.....as in a 1953 vintage M3, or a God knows how
>old Leica 1.
>
> Didn't they get enough grief when they did this for the M4, what, 30 odd
> years ago?
> They just do not learn......<<<<

> Funny no one pointed this out.....<<<<

Hi Frank,
It isn't any big deal, certainly what you're making of it! It works just the
same as it always did, base plate off hold in teeth pull card drop in
pocket, new card in, base on and away you go faster than I'm typing this.
Similarly with the battery.

The reason no one pointed it out is because it's a no brainer to regular
shooters of M cameras. Hell I've held two base plates in my teeth while
re-loading two cameras at the same time and it's nothing.

Quite frankly you are making a mountain out of an ant hill of sand!

Have you actually had an M8 in hand yet? Never mind shooting with it, but
just in hand, pop base plate off, change card and or battery to see how
smoothly it's done and base plate replaced? Trust me, it's absolutely not
like loading film that on occasion did require a fiddle moment or two.

And as far as grief from M4 loading? I never had any while working with my
usual three cameras at a time hanging off body parts. Sometimes walking
backwards and loading at the same time! :-) True as I type here!

ted

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] You are kidding..... M8 "Loading" 1927 Technology.....)
Reply from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] You are kidding..... M8 "Loading" 1927 Technology.....)