Subject: [Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Oct 30 08:48:27 2006

At 8:07 PM -0600 10/28/06, GREG LORENZO wrote:
>Tina Manley writes in part:
>>  My impressions:
>
>>  I didn't realize how much I had missed the M's until I started using the
>>  M8.  It's just like coming home again.  I absolutely love holding and
>>  handling it. I, too, kept reaching for the film advance with my thumb but
>>  I'm sure I'll get used to not doing that eventually.  I have one ordered
>>  and can't wait to get it. The M8 will be the camera I carry with me all
>> the
>>  time.
>
>Has anyone on the Lug used an M8 and NOT ordered one?
>
>Can Leica possibly handle the demand for these and maintain their
>high quality?
>
>Still waiting to hear from someone who hasn't ordered one or doesn't
>plan to order one.

Well, I haven't ordered one yet. I'll probably get one, but i'm not
in a rush. If the B&W M8 comes out, I'll definitely get one.

There are some things I don't like about it, like the meter pattern
and the whole exposure compensation/exposure lock situation, but
overall I think the camera is very good. Part of the problem is, the
Leicas are mainly a hobby thing for me, while I make money with the
Canons. But I'll get over that. :-)

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design