Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 DNG vs DMR DNG
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Nov 3 18:04:57 2006

Harrison McClary offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:M8 DNG vs DMR DNG
>>> All of this is confusing, scary and very frustrating at times, but it is
> what we do now.  No longer does it suffice to just be a photographer.  Now
> you have to know at least a little more than a passing familiarity with a
> computer, FTP, file formats and all such things.  Is enough to make your
> ears bleed at times. LOL<<<<

Harrison me old son,
Bleeding ears I could handle, but all this changing back and forth with all
these digital thingies hardly gives one a chance to learn one, when all of a
sudden it's a whole new situation and yer back to square one wondering what
the hell did I do to have to cope with all this confusing stuff!

I suppose each company is trying to grab the high ground, therefore forcing
everyone to conform to their software or whatever, instead of all the
companies getting together and stop being greedy and accept a world standard
of parameters everyone can live with.

It would be quite a bit simpler for folks like myself and I'm sure I'm not
the only old guy standing on the street as life is whizzing by.:-(  And
quite frankly making some of us feel as stupid as a brick!:-(

I had the very good fortune a week ago while I in Boston, to have lessons
from B.D. on RAW and why it's far better than shooting everything on JPEG.

He and Tina have been on my case for some time to go RAW and I'm finally
convinced to give it ago as soon as I get this International Skate Canada
assignment out of the way in a few days. I must confess being back-up to my
son is quite a change indeed. :-) But I love him and his talent,  so it's no
big deal! He'll save my ass in any event as he needs no back-up. :-)

My first day's reaction shooting these flying figure skaters was, "Damn I
used to be good!" ;-) Where in the good old days I would jokingly say to
myself screening slides ... "Damn I'm good!" That on the occasion when I got
really lucky and had a good one! ;-)

WOW! The last time I shot figure skating was at the Winter Olympics in
Albertville , France 1992!
Jeeeesh what a long-time ago that was..... What's worse... "Jeeeeeesh how
slow I've become!" :-(

Just another nail in the coffin......." it ain't like you were!" :-(

ted

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Re:M8 DNG vs DMR DNG)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re:M8 DNG vs DMR DNG)
Message from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Re:M8 DNG vs DMR DNG)