Subject: [Leica] 180 APO-Elmarit-R & 1.4x APO
From: dpfreedman at gmail.com (David Freedman)
Date: Sun Nov 5 20:15:28 2006

Doug;

I can't answer the first part of your question but do know that Leica
can (or at least could earlier this year) modify the, incompatible
version of the lens for $625 or so.  When I inquired about having this
done to my 180 APO, I was told it's fairly radical surgery requiring
(at the time of my inquiry) a two-month trip to Germany.  I decided
against having this elective procedure done so am not in a position to
offer any first-hand user experiences.

Dave F.