Subject: [Leica] Canon G7; viable choice for a Leica M user?
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Nov 6 04:22:14 2006

Jack McLain wrote:
>  How much of a hassle is this in real-life usage? I cannot
> imagine composing a shot while holding the camera at arms length

You could always go with progressive glass or bifocals :-) :-)

The lack of a viewfinder is not as much of a problem as you would
expect; at least I don't find it to be. In general, most viewfinders are
not very accurate anyway, so it is better to use the screen and get 100%.

You might test this out by picking up a cheap digital camera without a
viewfinder: a Nikon L2 or something like that. Over here you can get one
for right around $100. It doesn't have a viewfinder and would give you a
chance to see if you can live without one.

The cameras that have screens that twist and shout (well, at least
twist) are pretty nice.

Daniel