Subject: [Leica] OT: discovered Lange photos
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Mon Nov 6 11:24:44 2006

Dave

I recently came across a copy of /*An American Exodus*/ by Lange and her
husband. Paperback, printed in 1969 and a bit battered but a fantastic
document. Cost me all of $3.00. As far as the interment images being
dark and disturbing? At the time many Americans probably wanted to do
the same to the Japanese Americans we will shortly do to Saddam. The
internment camps were, in my opinion, completely unjustified but
sometimes truth is dark and disturbing, Lange seemed to seek out truth
as Kyle does gun nuts. She did an image I can close my eyes and see
called /*White Angel Breadline*/. Don't know if you're familiar  with it
or not but well worth a look.

Walt