Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 7 07:33:55 2006

Walt Johnson <walt@waltjohnson.com> wrote:

> ... look at the Leitz shenanigans just in the last few years.
> From M6 to M6TTl to M7 and then back to the M3 or was that MP?
> Marketing nonsense, not tools for working professionals. Let's
> not forget the alligator hide models or those with Ralph's
> signature. Hell, I love the things but much of Leitz's direction
> has seemed nostalgic rather than wise.

It's been Leica not Leitz for quite a few years, and what they were doing
with those decorative models was milking the last drop of cash out of an
old design in order to do the R&D for new product.  I think it will be many
years before you see a decorative M8 or R9 model, if ever.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .