Subject: [Leica] for those who can't wait your M8 to come in......
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Nov 8 08:21:36 2006

All the black M8s in the first shipment were spoken for in September.

Still, why pay a premium? Just like popcorn, another batch is on the way.
Once the rabid, I-GOT-MINE-FIRST crowd is sated, M8s will be discounted at
Leica Days events. Which should just about offset sales tax in most
metropolitan areas.

Also, a Lecia rep 'splained to me that the M8 does NOT get the same
no-fault, USA Passport warranty that fumble-fingered fools have come to know
and count on. Nope. It's because of the sensor, which is way too easy to
goof up. And Leica doesn't want to be in the sensor replacement business. At
least for free.

-Chris Lawson

From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] for those who can't wait your M8 to come in......)