Subject: [Leica] M8 magenta problems - Leica offer a solution
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Nov 9 13:26:24 2006

Tipoff.....  The EL Nikkor enlarging lenses are reputed to have better UV (
actually blue) light handling capability than almost any
current lens out there... and they are cheap.  The best ones are said to be
the ones that have the letter  "A" on them.....try a 80,
135 , 150  or 105 on a bellows for focusing.

Look for " 135 El Nikkor A " for a really cheap lens.....

Leica content?  They are all in LTM.  Break out that Visoflex.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I really don't know about the UV sensitivity. I don't have any lenses
that I know transmit UV reasonably, and the Leica lenses themselves
have very good internal UV filtering, so that doesn't work. I also
don't have any UV pass filters.

The only lens I could readily mount on the M8 that possibly has UV
transmissivity is a 120 Photar. But then, I had to give the M8 back.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] M8 magenta problems - Leica offer a solution)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] M8 magenta problems - Leica offer a solution)