Subject: [Leica] Veterans Day - Holt Cemetery
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sat Nov 11 08:28:39 2006

Holt Cemetery in New Orleans is the pauper cemetery. All you needed for
burial was to pay someone to dig the plot. Sadly, many veterans are buried
here from WWI to Vietnam with their tombstones now laying about, some
upright, crooked and some flat on the ground now. This area is near City
Park and has always been in disrepair, I'm sure Katrina did not help much
with the flooding. Originally rumored to be a slave cemetery, but no real
records were kept on this. Jeff and Sonny may know more than I do.

Non-Lika D2h.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/zoeica/Travels/Veterans/

Chris

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Veterans Day - Holt Cemetery)