Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: Maybe dumb question on M8
From: s.yoder at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Sat Nov 11 07:36:59 2006

I don't understand how you can have a live-view LCD on an RF camera when you
have a physical shutter
in front of the sensor. Seems to me it would have work like the Zeiss-Ikon
Contaflexes and Retina
Reflexes of yore: shutter is open for viewing until exposure, whereupon
shutter closes, then opens
and closes to expose. Which could be done with SLRs, mirrors and leaf
shutters like the
above-mentioned. Not sure how well that would work with a focal-plane
shutter like the M8's.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh