Subject: [Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Mon Nov 13 07:58:05 2006

Hi All- Sorry for the long delay in replying  to Tina and youall re: my
R9 and DMR and doing better at high ISO. What I was thinking when I
wrote my post- I can shoot at a higher ISO than 2500 (by shooting at
800 and setting the EV at minus 2 or 3). I didn't mean that I can get a
better result than Tina posted. Plus I had not done it yet- so I did
last weekend in the desert. But- i haven't taken the time yet to figure
out how to post to the LUG to show you what I got. But- I did attach 4
images from my test- and emailed Tina the results. Like I wrote her-
the colors are all over the place from frame to frame. Noise level not
obvious to me. At 3 under- the image was pretty much what I saw (it was
dark and 7 pm at night. The shot was of a laundromat with its lights
on).

Another topic- chimping. I took about a hundred shots with the DMR
during the weekend. Did not chimp until at home in the evening.
Everything fine. On the drive back home to RPV Calif.,  stopped to take
some shots of the trees turning color- the DMR made some click as I
depressed the shutter about half way- then completed the exposure. Took
about 8 shots, got home and they were all black. I guess I need to
START chimping! It doesn't pay to presume you're doing fine. Took more
photos yesterday late afternoon- everything is fine. Stasys

Replies: Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping)